Complies with the Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996
- Ideal for use near Goods In locations, construction sites and other settings where large vehicles may be present
- Specifically designed signs ensure the information is relevant to the setting
- Conforms to EN ISO 7010:2012
- Highly durable – choose from robust 3mm aluminium composite, durable rigid plastic or great value flexible self-adhesive vinyl
- Easy to apply – rigid plastic and self adhesive vinyl sign types come with their own adhesive
- 3mm aluminium composite supplied as a sign only option for wall mounting or a sign with channel rail for posts (not included)
- For reflective signs please buy the 3mm aluminium composite with RA1 reflective coating
- Optional anti-graffiti coating prevents graffiti from adhering permanently to the sign, allowing it to be cleaned off without damaging the surface of the sign
The Health and Safety Regulations 1996
The Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996 (the Safety Signs Regulations) implement European Council Directive 92/58/EEC on minimum requirements for the provision of safety signs at work. This guidance is aimed at helping employers meet their responsibilities under these Regulations.
All of our safety signs comply with the safety colour regulations. This ensures that certain colours adhere to their specific meanings.
The Regulations require employers to use a safety sign where there is a significant risk to health and safety that has not been avoided or controlled by the methods required under other relevant law, provided use of a sign can help reduce the risk. Safety signs are not a substitute for those other methods of controlling risks such as engineering controls and safe systems of work.
They apply to all workplaces and to all activities where people are employed, but exclude signs used in connection with transport or the supply and marketing of dangerous substances, products and equipment.
The Regulations require, where necessary, the use of road traffic signs in workplaces to regulate road traffic.
These Regulations implement those parts of the Directive dealing with fire safety. Advice on the use of fire safety signs can be obtained from your enforcing authority for fire safety. In general, these Regulations will not require any changes where existing fire safety signs containing symbols comply with BS 5499. New signs are also acceptable if they are similarly chosen to comply with BS 5499.
EN ISO 7010:2012
EN ISO 7010 was introduced in 2003 and revised in 2012. Since then it has been accepted into EU Law and provides a standardised, easy to understand safety message - wherever you are and whatever language you use!
Why EN ISO 7010
The main goal of the standard is to introduce a globally recognised range of safety pictograms. Although most will be similar and familiar, there are some new introductions
Where does EN ISO 7010 apply?
The regulation is applicable in all workplaces and locations where users need to be informed about safety matters - emergency exits and hazardous area signs are excellent examples of standard use signs
What does SafetySigns4Less offer?
All safety signs offered by SafetySigns4Less are EN ISO 7010:2012 compliant. We ensure that all signs are constructed to the highest quality. Where possible we will always offer our signs in both Rigid Plastic and Self-adhesive flexible vinyl.