Complies with the Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996 and EN ISO 7010:2012
- A robust and durable sign to highlight the location of gritters and salt for dealing with ice and snow
- Allows high-risk areas or areas that are temporarily icy or covered in snow to be dealt with quickly
- Ideal for use on private traffic routes, industrial estates, event sites or construction sites
- Clear design can be easily read, even from a distance away
- Perfect for outdoor use, such as in car parks or on building sites
- Highly durable – choose from great value flexible self-adhesive vinyl, robust 2mm rigid plastic or weather and impact resistant 2mm super-tough rigid plastic
- Easy to apply – rigid plastic and self adhesive vinyl sign types come with their own adhesive
The Health and Safety Regulations 1996
The Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996 (the Safety Signs Regulations) implement European Council Directive 92/58/EEC on minimum requirements for the provision of safety signs at work. This guidance is aimed at helping employers meet their responsibilities under these Regulations.
All of our safety signs comply with the safety colour regulations. This ensures that certain colours adhere to their specific meanings.
The Regulations require employers to use a safety sign where there is a significant risk to health and safety that has not been avoided or controlled by the methods required under other relevant law, provided use of a sign can help reduce the risk. Safety signs are not a substitute for those other methods of controlling risks such as engineering controls and safe systems of work.
They apply to all workplaces and to all activities where people are employed, but exclude signs used in connection with transport or the supply and marketing of dangerous substances, products and equipment.
The Regulations require, where necessary, the use of road traffic signs in workplaces to regulate road traffic.
EN ISO 7010:2012
EN ISO 7010 was introduced in 2003 and revised in 2012. Since then it has been accepted into EU Law and provides a standardised, easy to understand safety message - wherever you are and whatever language you use!
Why EN ISO 7010
The main goal of the standard is to introduce a globally recognised range of safety pictograms. Although most will be similar and familiar, there are some new introductions
Where does EN ISO 7010 apply?
The regulation is applicable in all workplaces and locations where users need to be informed about safety matters - emergency exits and hazardous area signs are excellent examples of standard use signs
What does SafetySigns4Less offer?
All safety signs offered by SafetySigns4Less are EN ISO 7010:2012 compliant. We ensure that all signs are constructed to the highest quality. Where possible we will always offer our signs in both Rigid Plastic and Self-adhesive flexible vinyl.