Robust holder for the GDPR compliant near miss book providing easy access in an emergency - reporting, recording and investigating near misses is important to help workplaces eliminate any avoidable risks to health and safety
- The HSE defines a near miss as 'an event that, while not causing harm, has the potential to cause injury or ill health'
- This can also include dangerous occurrences which are reportable as defined in the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)
- Having a near miss book allows organisations to pro-actively deal with hazards before a tragic or costly incident occurs
- Engage your workforce on all levels in solving safety problems and increase safety awareness
- Develop a positive and necessary attitude surrounding safety, helping to ensure valuable lessons are learnt
- Reflect the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), with revised text, guidance and controls to demonstrate data protection
- Each book contains 50 perforated sheets which can be easily removed and filed according to your organisations GDPR policy
- Available as a single holder or complete with an accident book
- Tough and durable construction on 2mm rigid plastic - supplied with all necessary wall fixings
- Holder dimensions (WxHxD) 240 x 250 x 27mm
To order a replacement book please Click Here
About this book - Information for employees and employers
This book will help you to comply with legal requirements under social security and health and safety legislation. However, you should make sure that you are aware of your company or organisation’s own individual responsibilities under the above regulations on the reporting of incident and accidents, as this can vary dependent on the size and nature of the business.
To comply with the above regulations you should ensure that you keep a record of any injuries or incidents that occur within the workplace. The completed records and cover must be kept for at least 3 years, or for the time specified in your Data Retention Policy documented under GDPR.
This book should be placed in an area that is accessible at all times
Please note that completed pages should be removed from the book and stored securely. The information contained in this record must be made available to safety representatives upon request, for the sole purpose of enabling them to carry out the health and safety functions given to them by law. Ensure that the information is either fully presented - if the employee has given their consent, or as an anonymised entry.